|Guns are dangerous, to say the least.|
Many people are killed by guns via accidents, suicide, murder, and war.
But people are killed by knives, drowning, cars, violence, falls, drugs, poison, and germs.
Guns in the home if stored properly can be safer than a knife laying around in the kitchen.
Learn and live gun safety which makes guns safer but doesn't eliminate all risks which you never can.
The basic rules of gun safety are:
- Always assume a gun is loaded
- Never point a gun at anything you don't want to shoot
- Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
- Know what's behind what you intend to shoot
- Store guns securely
- Know the laws of your State, local government, and anywhere you travel pertaining to gun laws
- Don't store guns at home with a round in the chamber if it drops it could go off
- Learn de-escalation skills
- Have less lethal tools
- When handing someone a gun, show them that it's unloaded
- Use the proper ammo and gun so your bullets don't pass through a target and hit an unintended victim
- Never shoot a gun in the air as you don't know where it will land
- Where ear and eye protection when using firearms
- Use the correct ammo for your gun ex. don't use 556 in a 223 rifle
- Unload your gun when not in use
- If there is a misfire, wait 30 seconds to check
- Keep your gun clean and in good working condition without obstructions